This Serrekunda ‘Key’ allows children to learn about how people live and work in a very different country and about human and physical features.
Your pupils will learn all about…
- Serrenkunda - a small area of The Gambia
- The physical geography of Serrekunda, The Gambia
- The human geography of Serrekunda, The Gambia
- Photographs and maps of Serrekunda, The Gambia
And will love the engaging worksheets and activities looking at…
- How you would travel to The Gambia
- The different types of building found in The Gambia
- Using a sketch map to follow Fatou’s route from her compound to her school
- Making a plan of a compound
Which in turn will help them to…..
- Understand the difference between a continent and a country
- Describe the physical landscape of The Gambia
- Explain the commonalities between the home locality and Serrekunda in terms of human activities and the types of job people do
- Understand the use of symbols and how a key works the distribution of earthquakes and volcanoes in California
These are just a few examples of what the key unlocks! Purchase today to get access to the planning leaflet, worksheets, PowerPoints and suggested activities all of which keeps to the KS1 National Curriculum requirements.
Price excludes VAT