World War II
This 'Key' focuses on World War II as an aspect of British history, which extends pupils' chronological knowledge beyond 1066.
Your children will learn about…
- The bloodiest conflict in history, which brought about 40-60 million deaths and lasted from 1939 to 1945
- How the war stemmed from the unresolved disputes of World War I
- How the Axis Powers (Germany, Italy and Japan) were pitted against the Allies (France, UK, USA and the Soviet Union)
- Rationing and evacuation
And will love the engaging worksheets and activities investigating…
- The sequence of events and global scope of World War II
- The importance of home defence
- What is must have been like to be an undercover agent during the war
- How it must have felt to be evacuated and/or take in an evacuee
Which, in turn, will help them to…
- Understand the enormity of going to war
- Appreciate the feat the threat of invasion brought to the people
- Gain an insight into the dangers faced by British agents in occupied France
- Understand what it was like to live in wartime
Purchase today to get access to the planning leaflet, worksheets, video links and suggested activities, all of which align with KS2 National Curriculum History requirements.
The 'Key' is also available to purchase as a digital download.
Any questions? Don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Price excludes VAT.