This Toys ‘Key’ allows children to learn about toys and how they’ve changed within living memory. The Key compares toys that your pupils’ great-grandparents would have played with to those played with today.
Your children will learn about…
- What toys are and how they've changed over time
- Toys throughout history, from animal bones and spinning tops, to teddy bears, Lego and toy cars
- The toys that their grandparents and parents used to play with
- Chronology and timelines
And will love the engaging worksheets and activities investigating…
- First-hand evidence given by grandparents and parents
- How toys have changed over time
- How toys work
- What a toy car could look like in the future
Which, in turn, will help them to…
- Develop an understanding of the past
- Appreciate how toys have changed over time using first-hand information
- Understand how the use of questionnaires helps provide information
- Understand the term chronology
- Understand the term continuity and change
Purchase today to get access to the planning leaflet, worksheets, video links and suggested activities, all of which align with KS2 National Curriculum History requirements.
The 'Key' is also available to purchase as a digital download.
Any questions? Don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Price excludes VAT.