The Roman Empire and its impact on Britain
This ‘Key’ encourages children to investigate the Roman Empire and its impact on Britain.
Your children will learn about…
- How the Romans took and maintained control of Britain
- Roman settlements, in order to understand their significance
- What the Romans brought to Britain and appreciate the legacy they left behind
- The end of Roman Britain
And will love the engaging worksheets and activities investigating…
- The founding of Rome
- The countries the Romans conquered
- What a typical Roman settlement looked like
- How life moved on and change after the Roman legions left and as the Anglo-Saxons gradually took over
Which, in turn, will help them to…
- Understand the difference between myth and fact
- Talk about the expansion, contraction and fall of the Roman Empire
- Sequence events chronologically and begin to make links between events
- Understand the concept of invasion, resistance and conquest
- Identify the impact the Romans made, that can still be seen today
Purchase today to get access to the planning leaflet, worksheets, video links and suggested activities, all of which align with KS2 National Curriculum requirements.
The 'Key' is also available to purchase as a digital download.
Any questions? Don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Price excludes VAT.