This unit encourages children to investigate and comprehend Mayan Civilisation c.AD 900.
Your children will learn about…
- Making chronological links between previous learning and The Maya
- How the Mayan civilisation was governed in comparison to other periods studied
- The technology (materials, resources) The Maya were able to use
- The achievements of The Maya and the skills of civilisations from across the world.
And will love the engaging worksheets and activities investigating…
- How to identify key sites for The Maya including UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- The role of kings and priests in society in different cities
- The tools and weapons The Maya people used and how to identify different materials
- Some of the achievements of The Maya
Which, in turn, will help them to…
- Make chronological and contextual links between new and existing learning
- Extract relevant information from a range of sources
- Identify social hierarchies
- Recognise similarities and differences between two concurrent periods of history using evidence to draw contrasts and trends
Purchase today to get access to the planning leaflet, worksheets, video links and suggested activities, all of which align with KS2 National Curriculum requirements.
The 'Key' is also available to purchase as a digital download.
Any questions? Don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Price excludes VAT.