The Paris Basin
This Paris Basin ‘Key’ allows children to investigate life and work in and around Paris. Paris is a major European capital, a cultural centre visited by tourists from all over the world, and also the agricultural heart of France.
Your pupils will learn all about…
- The Paris Basin – a region in France
- The physical geography of the Paris Basin
- The human geography of the Paris Basin
- Tourism in the Paris Basin region
And will love the engaging worksheets and activities looking at…
- The cities and physical features of France, Paris and the Paris Basin
- The climate, soil types, landscape and important rivers of the region
- Creating a children’s pictorial map for an afternoon visit to Paris
- Researching produce and finding recipes using local ingredients from the region
Which, in turn, will help them to…
- Locate and label the Paris Basin, its cities and physical features
- Explain the features of a basin, in particular, the Paris Basin
- Understand the nature of the region and how it affects the type of jobs and settlements found
- Explain the imprtance of tourism to the region and the value of the port, Le Havre
Purchase today to get access to the planning leaflet, worksheets, PowerPoint presentations and suggested activities, all of which align with KS2 National Curriculum requirements.
The 'Key' is also available to purchase as a digital download.
Any questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us!
Price excludes VAT