Naples and the Campania Region
This Naples and Campania ‘Key’ allows children to investigate life and work in and around the Bay of Naples, a highly volcanic area overlooked by Mount Vesuvius.
Your pupils will learn all about…
- Campania - a region in Italy
- The physical geography of Campania and Mount Vesuvius
- Earthquakes and volcanoes, including Pompeii and Herculaneum, and the eruption of AD79
- The human geography of the Campania region
- Tourism in the Campania region
And will love the engaging worksheets and activities looking at…
- The key aspects of volcanoes and why they erupt
- Locating the major earthquake zones and volcanoes on a world map
- The five main forms of employment in Naples
- Local produce of the region
Which, in turn, will help them to…
- Explain what a volcano is and why it erupts
- Imagine what it might be like to live in a volcanic region
- Describe what happens when an earthquake occurs
- Explain the nature of the region and how it affects the type of jobs and settlements found
- Explain the importance of tourism to a region
Purchase today to get access to the planning leaflet, worksheets, PowerPoint presentations and suggested activities, all of which align with KS2 National Curriculum requirements.
The 'Key' is also available to purchase as a digital download.
Any questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us!
Price excludes VAT