Mary Seacole & Edith Cavell
This Mary Seacole and Edith Cavell ‘Key’ allows children to learn about the lives of two significant individuals within the nursing profession, who achieved nationally and internationally.
Your children will learn about…
- The achievements of both Seacole and Cavell
- How Seacole and Cavell fit into the chronological framework
- The significance of the two nurses in history
- The similarities and differences between the two nurses and their achievements
- How these notable nurses are remembered
And will love the engaging worksheets and activities investigating…
- Timeline sequencing
- The struggles both women endured to help in the Crimean War and World War I
- The role of nurses, both in the past and today
- The achievements of both women
- Continuity and change
Which, in turn, will help them to…
- Have a chronological understanding of Seacole's and Cavell's lives
- Understand the terms significant and achievement
- Explain how an achievement can improve the lives of others
- Understand how two significant individuals contributed to national and international achievements
- Understand how nursing has stayed the same but also changed
Purchase today to get access to the planning leaflet, worksheets, video links and suggested activities, all of which align with KS2 National Curriculum History requirements.
The 'Key' is also available to purchase as a digital download.
Any questions? Don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Price excludes VAT.