This California ‘Key’ allows children to investigate the inter-relationship between physical and human
geography and what it is like to live and work on large conurbations like San Francisco and Los Angeles.
Your pupils will learn all about…
- California - a region within North America
- The human geography in California
- San Franciso and Los Angeles – living in large cities
- The physical geography of California
And will love the engaging worksheets and activities looking at…
- Rainfall and temperatures in California
- Identifying the main landscape types in California
- Devising a commentary for tourists in Los Angeles to accompany the route map
- Earthquake zones and volcanoes
Which in turn will help them to…..
- Locate North America, USA and California using maps and atlases
- Use physical geographical terms to describe areas of the California region
- Discuss California’s agricultural trade links
- Describe the distribution of earthquakes and volcanoes in California
These are just a few examples of what the key unlocks! Purchase today to get access to the planning leaflet, worksheets, PowerPoints and suggested activities all of which keeps to the KS2 National Curriculum requirements.
Price excludes VAT