This California ‘Key’ allows children to investigate the inter-relationship between physical and human geography and what it is like to live and work in large conurbations like San Francisco and Los Angeles.
Your pupils will learn all about…
- California - a region within North America
- The human geography in California
- San Franciso and Los Angeles – living in large cities
- The physical geography of California
And will love the engaging worksheets and activities looking at…
- Rainfall and temperatures in California
- Identifying the main landscape types in California
- Devising a commentary for tourists in Los Angeles to accompany the route map
- Earthquake zones and volcanoes
Which, in turn, will help them to…
- Locate North America, USA and California using maps and atlases
- Use physical geographical terms to describe areas of the California region
- Discuss California’s agricultural trade links
- Describe the distribution of earthquakes and volcanoes in California
Purchase today to get access to the planning leaflet, worksheets, PowerPoint presentations and suggested activities, all of which align with KS2 National Curriculum requirements.
The 'Key' is also available to purchase as a digital download.
Any questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us!
Price excludes VAT