Be History Ready Year 6 Unit
Get your Year 6 children back on track with our catch-up programme for primary history. We are delighted to be working alongside history specialist Stuart Tiffany (Mr T Does History) to provide this primary catch up history resource.
Be History Ready allows you to equip your children with the primary history skills and knowledge needed for success in their KS3 geography at secondary school.
Understanding children’s needs has never been more pertinent and the Be History Ready unit will allow you to develop a flexible approach to meeting the differing learning needs of your children.
You might have to recap understanding for the whole class, or for small groups of children. The Be History Ready resource will support whichever approach is appropriate for your school so that the children are ready and confident for the challenges of secondary school history.
Divided into the following sections, the materials aim to remind teachers of the key National Curriculum requirements for history focusing on:
- Changes within memory and beyond living memory
- Lives of significant individuals and significant historical events
- Changes in Britain from the Stone Age to the Iron Age
- The Roman Empire and its impact on Britain
- Britain’s settlement by Anglo-Saxons and Scots
- The Viking and Anglo-Saxon struggle for the Kingdom of England to the time of Edward the Confessor
- The achievements of the earliest civilisations including in-depth studies of Ancient Sumner, The Indus Valley, Ancient Egypt, The Shang Dynasty of Ancient China
- Ancient Greece: a study of Greek life and achievements and their influence on the western world
Help your children recap what they have learnt since starting primary school using our:
- Detailed printed planning overview
- Subject knowledge and activity suggestions guidance
- Links and revision video clip overviews
- Vocabulary sheets
All of which are included on one unique USB key.
They will love the engaging historical enquiries and activities looking at…
- How did the Roman invasion change Britain?
- Why was Stonehenge built?
- What do place names tell us about Saxon settlements?
- Were the Vikings really brutal and fierce?
- What do you think were The Shang Dynasty civilization greatest achievements? What form of evidence is there?
- What is the timeline of the Ancient Sumer civilization? Where was Ancient Sumer?
- What do you think were the Ancient Sumer civilization greatest achievements? What form of evidence is there?
Which is great for these learning outcomes…..
- Recalling the Viking and Anglo-Saxon struggle for England
- Recalling how life changed in Britain from the Stone Age to the Iron Age
- Demonstrating an understanding significant individuals and events studied
- Explaining how their chosen ancient non-European society contrasted with British history
- Explaining the life, achievements and influence the Ancient Greeks had on the western world
These are just a few examples of what our Be History Ready key unlocks! Purchase today for just £22.99 +VAT to get access to the laminated planning overview, subject knowledge and activity suggestion guidance for each history period plus relevant links and clips all of which conform with the KS1 and KS2 National Curriculum requirements.
Make sure your Year 6 children will Be History Ready for their history adventure at secondary school! Simply add to the cart, complete the order and await (FREE) delivery!
Don’t forget to check out our special humanities catch up package where you can purchase Be History Ready and Be Geography Ready at the special discounted rate of just £34.99 +VAT
Please get in touch if you have any specific questions or want more information. We’d love to hear from you and help you teach the essentials of primary geography to your class.
Price excludes VAT.