Be Geography Ready Year 6 Unit
Get your Year 6 children back on track with our catch-up programme for primary geography.
Be Geography Ready allows you to equip your children with the primary geography skills and knowledge needed for success in their KS3 geography.
Understanding children’s needs has never been more pertinent and the Be Geography Ready will allow you to develop a flexible approach to meeting the differing learning needs of your children.
You might have to recap understanding for the whole class, or for small groups of children. The Be Geography Ready will support whichever approach is appropriate for school so that the children are ready and confident for the challenges of secondary school geography.
There are 3 clear sections, the materials aim to remind teachers of the key National Curriculum requirements for geography focusing on:
- Locational knowledge
- Human and physical geography
- Geographical skills and fieldwork
Help your children recap what they have learnt since starting primary school using our:
- Teacher guidance
- Detailed printed booklet with planning
- Links and revision video clips
- Definition sheets
- Activities and worksheet ideas
All of which are included on one unique USB key.
They will love the engaging worksheets and activities looking at…
- Key geographical vocabulary for each section
- Compasses and following routes
- Maps, symbols, keys and four and six figure grid references
- Geographical regions
- Settlement – villages to megacities
- Latitude & Longitude
- Earthquakes and Volcanoes
- Climate zones, biomes and vegetation zones
- Energy, water and food resources
- Geographical Information Systems
Which is great for…..
- Revisiting and consolidating their geographical learning
- Transferring skills and knowledge into children's long-term memory and making it stick
- Testing children’s geographical knowledge and skills can be applied appropriately
These are just a few examples of what our Be Geography Ready key unlocks! Purchase today for just £22.99 +VAT to get access to the 18 page revision booklet, laminated planning overview, over 30 sheets of teacher guidance, worksheets & activities plus links and clips all of which conform with the KS1 and KS2 National Curriculum requirements.
With limited time left make sure your Year 6 children will Be Geography Ready for their geography adventure at secondary school! Simply add to the cart, complete the order and await (FREE) delivery!
Please get in touch if you have any specific questions or want more information. We’d love to hear from you and help you teach the essentials of primary geography to your class.
Price excludes VAT