Athens and Central Greece
The Athens and Central Greece ‘Key’ allows children to investigate the inter-relationship between physical and human geography and what it is like to live and work in one of the oldest cities in the world.
Your pupils will learn all about…
- Athens and Central Greece - a region in a European country
- The physical geography of Athens
- Athens today
- The human geography of Athens
- Tuorism and Athens today
And will love the engaging worksheets and activities looking at…
- Greece, its regions, main settlements and physical features using maps, atlases and computer mapping
- The Acropolis and Mount Lycabettus to show the relief of the land
- How Athens is coping with its new popularity and discussing the statement ‘Tourism is good for Athens'
- What people do and where they work in Athens
Which, in turn, will help them to…
- Describe the physical features of the region
- Correctly label a section through the Acropolis
- Understand how local people feel about the advantages and disadvantages of tourism
- Explain the nature of the region and how it affects the types of jobs found in the area
Purchase today to get access to the planning leaflet, worksheets, PowerPoint presentations and suggested activities, all of which align with KS2 National Curriculum requirements.
The 'Key' is also available to purchase as a digital download.
Any questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us!
Price excludes VAT