Ancient Greece - life, achievements and influence on the western world
We are delighted to be working alongside history specialist Stuart Tiffany (Mr T Does History) to provide this primary KS2 history Key to the National Curriculum resource. This unit encourages children to investigate and comprehend Greek life and the achievements and their influence on the western world.
Following the National Curriculum, this module will help children to understand historical concepts such as continuity and change, cause and consequence, similarity, difference and significance, and use them to make connections, draw contrasts, analyse trends, frame historically-valid questions and create their own structured accounts, including written narratives and analyses.
Your children will learn about
- the geography of Greece and the link to its development
- the differing cultures of the city states
- how Greek society was structured in Athens.
- the role of significant people in Ancient Greece
and will love the engaging worksheets and activities investigating…
- where the key city states are on a map and how to identify the terrain in Sparta, Athens, and Corinth
- The two phases of Greek life, both their achievements and their influence on the Western world
- what the terms society, culture, city states and legacy actually mean and how they relate to Greek life
- some of the key ‘thinkers’ from Athens and their achievements
- some of the key achievements of the Spartan army and their legendary status
- the story of the Trojan horse
which in turn will help them to…..
- explain how the geography of Greece impacted its development
- understand the essence of Greek mythology
- define the concept of legacy
- understand the difference between British and world history
These are just a few examples of what the Ancient Greece key unlocks!
Purchase today to get access to the planning leaflet, worksheets, video links and suggested activities and be ready to deliver engaging KS2 primary history to your children today!
Simply add to your basket, checkout and await your (FREE for UK) delivery.
Got any questions? Get in touch to talk through with us.
Price excludes VAT.