Ancient Greece: life, achievements and influence on the western world
This unit encourages children to investigate and comprehend Greek life and the achievements and their influence on the western world.
Your children will learn about…
- The geography of Greece and the link to its development
- The differing cultures of the city states
- How Greek society was structured in Athens
- The legacy that Ancient Greece has left behind
And will love the engaging worksheets and activities investigating…
- Where the key city states are on a map and their different terrains
- How society was structured in Athens in ancient times and how that differs from in the modern day
- What the terms society, culture, city states and legacy actually mean and how they relate to Greek life
- Some of the key ‘thinkers’ from Athens and their achievements
Which, in turn, will help them to…
- Explain how the geography of Greece impacted its development
- Understand the methods of historical enquiry
- Define the concept of legacy
- Understand the difference between British and world history
Purchase today to get access to the planning leaflet, worksheets, video links and suggested activities, all of which align with KS2 National Curriculum History requirements.
The 'Key' is also available to purchase as a digital download.
Any questions? Don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Price excludes VAT.