Achievements of the earliest civilisations - Ancient Egypt
This unit encourages children to investigate and comprehend the achievements of the earliest civilisations: Ancient Egypt.
Your children will learn about…
- Where and when the first civilisations appeared
- The significance of the ancient Egyptian’s achievements
- Different aspects of Egyptian culture
- The importance of Egyptian writing and why it was such an achievement
- The legacy of Egypt and its monuments
And will love the engaging worksheets and activities investigating…
- The course of the River Nile and how the Egyptian year tied into its flooding
- The importance of farming for the growth of the Egyptian civilisation
- How the pyramids were built and the discovery of Tutankhamun
- The similarities and differences between the lives of the different people in Egyptian society
Which, in turn, will help them to…
- Identify the similarities between the periods of history
- Draw comparisons between lives today and in the past
- Make links between achievements and the tombs
- Talk about how an achievement improved lives or made a civilisation more successful
- Begin to collate evidence from multiple sources
Purchase today to get access to the planning leaflet, worksheets, video links and suggested activities, all of which align with KS2 National Curriculum requirements.
The 'Key' is also available to purchase as a digital download.
Any questions? Don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Price excludes VAT.