Naples and the Campania Region
This Naples and Campania ‘Key’ allows children to investigate life and work in and around the Bay of Naples a highly volcanic area overlooked by Mt Vesuvius.
Your pupils will learn all about…
- Campania - a region in Italy
- The physical geography of Campania – Mount Vesuvius
- Pompeii and Herculaneum: the eruption of AD79
- The human geography of the Campania region
- Tourism in the Campania region
And will love the engaging worksheets and activities looking at…
- The key aspects of volcanoes and why they erupt
- Locating the major earthquake zones and volcanoes on a World Map
- The five main forms of employment in Naples
- Earthquake zones and volcanoes
- Local produce of the region
Which in turn will help them to…..
- Explain what a volcano is and why they erupt
- Imagine what it might be like to live in a volcanic region
- Describe what happens when an earthquake occurs
- Explain the nature of the region and how it affects the type of jobs and settlements found
- Explain the importance of tourism to a region
These are just a few examples of what the key unlocks! Purchase today to get access to the planning leaflet, worksheets, PowerPoints and suggested activities all of which keeps to the KS2 National Curriculum requirements.
Price excludes VAT