Isle of Scilly
This Isles of Scilly, ‘Key’ allows children to learn about the physical geography and how people live and work on the islands and are introduced to map and image interpretation skills.
Your pupils will learn all about…
- The Isles of Scilly - a small area of the UK
- The physical geography of The Isles of Scilly
- The human geography of The Isles of Scilly
- Photographs and maps of The Isles of Scilly
And will love the engaging worksheets and activities looking at…
- The journey to the Islands
- The jobs the farmer has on Troytown Farm
- Drawing a sketch map of Hugh Town
- Designing a set of landscape postcards
Which in turn will help them to…..
- Locate the UK and The Isles of Scilly using maps and atlases
- Use physical geographical terms to describe the physical landscape of The Isles of Scilly
- Recognise that some jobs can be found in their home area and some are specific to The Isles of Scilly
- Differentiate between maps, plans and photographs/images
These are just a few examples of what the key unlocks! Purchase today to get access to the planning leaflet, worksheets, PowerPoints and suggested activities all of which keeps to the KS1 National Curriculum requirements.
Price excludes VAT